Monday, August 18, 2008

• The day I gave up to be a polluter

The night was dying slowly and the landscape seemed to be wrapped in a thick darken sheet. Indeed I wasn’t really enthusiastic to drive to mffp*. However I carried on. I arrived to the seashore straight at the dawn. It took me a half hour to get there and In fact, I was enough disappointed. Though the tide was low there would be no hope to collect any mussels that day. I didn’t imagine the sea would be so much rough. Consequently, I got back and I lay down on the sand. In front of me, not so far, some gigantic waves were rolling on, hazardously; in a specific way to tell that there will be no fishing today. In a similar case the best thing to do would be to sleep hopelessly. That was exactly what I did.  Few minutes later; I woke-up to realize that I had the whole day to do whatever I wanted, excepted fishing and swimming. Thus, the first thing I did was to stride the steepness in the neighborhood to pick some fresh figs ;which were probably waiting there for me, since a long time before; Then I came back to my place where I slept again. When I finally opened my eyes, I noticed that a great deal of detritus scattered all along the seashore. Last night, the sea was extremely agitated, so it rejected a lot of bottles, bags and many other trinkets. I think it‘s a mean for the ocean to purify itself. To lend a hand I decided that my day would be completely dedicated to collect that detritus. It was a little bit tiresome but I managed to perform the task, no matter the cost could be. In the evening, when I left, that part of the seashore appeared to be remarkably clean. This will last only for a while, I know. However, I was satisfied, thinking that I did what I had to do...partially..I mean.

*my favorite fishing place

No comments: