Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On the run

A wedding party is not somewhere to be for a phobic like me. When my niece’s wedding day came, the only way out for me was to pack my things and to hit the road to a place I called Escondido. When I get there, the tide was low and the estuary was exposed. The landscape has changed a lot. Once, there was some sand but now there are only stones. I am an angler and this may not worry me much. So I put down my load and began to gather some sea slugs. It is the only way to have a decent phishing party. When I started fishing, I got only seaweeds and nothing but seaweeds. This didn’t disappoint me a lot. Sometimes you win some times you just do not! In fact, I was just waiting for the night to come. I know the tide will be low once again, but it doesn’t really matter; tonight, fishing will be just a way to desert the family. After a while, the night fell.  The emptiness was so present that it inspired me fear. A camp fire and the rising of the moon brought to me soon a real sense of security. The sky above was clear and filled with stars. A magic sight was there, generously reveled to my amazed eyes. The earth was wrapped in the darkness but there was a lot to see in the sky. When Venus rose-up in the horizon, it was almost midnight. Therefore, it was time for me to leave that wonderful land. 

3 comments:

Lamia said...

So you rather go camping than attending your niece's wedding? Phobic of what exactly?

5estrellas said...

Yes..you should know that I 've apologized before I did..but you know what is a social phobia.. this is one of my several phobias..I haven't chosen that..it's a decease, I cant bear meetings or parties..it makes me sick!

Lamia said...

I see. Well seems that your phobia is interfering with your personal life. There are so many successful therapy techniques that can help you overcome it. Have you even thought about going to a psychiatrist or a psychologist for that matter? Your phobia will disappear in no time.