Friday, August 8, 2008

Between earth and space

Once upon a time in my home town, we had had one lonely TV channel with nothing on. Then we had had another one. This one was encrypted, but the worst is that most of us couldn’t watch it, simply because it was broadcasted mainly in the few chief cities only. We could not see the programmes of the brand new TV channel, because we live in a kind of rat trap town, naturally. Almost no one among us had given in. At that time, some very strange TV antennas appeared on the roofs. It seems then it was possible for everyone to enjoy the new TV channel programmes, using just some special cooking utensils! Later, the local market was inundated by a new kind of antenna and a sort of amplifier. I tried it and I not only picked-up the national TV channels, but I was able to watch Spanish TV channels, via Canary Islands, as well. It was as if I were watching TV for the first time in my entire life. The language was not really a hindrance for me to watch Spanish TV. I managed to learn Spanish, enough to decrypt what was said on TV. Then came the dishes and with them came space TV channels too. We were almost engorged on TV programmes. But lately I got a bit nostalgic. So I rehabilitated my old hertzian TV antenna. It took me two hours to make it embrace the sky once again. IN deed I was not quite satisfied by what I saw. Things have changed a lot. I won’t stay on earth for a long time!!   I shall get back to the space very soon!

No comments: